ECC code now in GnuPG master

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Thu Feb 3 22:16:21 CET 2011

On Thu,  3 Feb 2011 20:13, dshaw at jabberwocky.com said:

> This is excellent!  I'm very pleased to see it merged in.  Congratulations to everyone involved.

It turned out that in the end the required changes were not that big.

With that in mind I am toying with the idea of a GnuPG 1.5 to replace
1.4 with only one change: Replace the internal crypto code by Libgcrypt.
This has the advantage that we can take advantage of Libgcrypt
improvements automatically and don't need to backport delicate code.
The disadvantage is of course the extra dependency.

Salam-Shalom,