ECC code now in GnuPG master

Daniel Kahn Gillmor dkg at fifthhorseman.net
Thu Feb 3 23:30:38 CET 2011

On 02/03/2011 04:16 PM, Werner Koch wrote:
> With that in mind I am toying with the idea of a GnuPG 1.5 to replace
> 1.4 with only one change: Replace the internal crypto code by Libgcrypt.
> This has the advantage that we can take advantage of Libgcrypt
> improvements automatically and don't need to backport delicate code.
> The disadvantage is of course the extra dependency.

I quite like this idea.  fwiw, debian just moved gcrypt from /usr/lib
into /lib, so that it can be used as a dependency for critical code
during boot (and during recovery when /usr isn't mounted.

So i'm not concerned about the extra dependency for debian, anyway.

I also want to add my voice to the chorus of folks saying "good work!"
I'm happy to see this get merged.

Regards,

	--dkg