playing with ecc in batch mode

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Fri Feb 4 06:50:58 CET 2011

On Thu,  3 Feb 2011 22:53, sergi at calcurco.cat said:

> Also I have tried with '--passphrase' parameter, the
> '--passphrase-file', and the batch command 'Passphrase'. Without
> success, always the popup.

You can't use that.  The regression tests use this to seed the
passphrase cache:

  gpg-preset-passphrase --preset -P def 50B2D4FA4122C212611048BC5FC31BD44393626E

You also need to use the --allow-preset-passphrase in gpg-agent.conf.
Obviously it does not work while generating keys.

Another, more flexible way, is to write your own pinentry which loops
back to your test script.  gpg passes the envvar PINENTRY_USER_DATA all
the way up to the pinentry; this can be used to convey a context.

For testing we have the %no-protection batch parameter:

  $GPG --quiet --batch --gen-key <<EOF
  Key-Type: DSA
  Key-Length: 1024
  Subkey-Type: ELG