ECC code now in GnuPG master

Sergi Blanch i Torné sergi at calcurco.cat
Fri Feb 4 13:20:30 CET 2011

I understand this, but I feel it as a barrier to surpass. The
mathematical methods to operate ec points in libgcrypt, has been
programmed in the generic way that the P1363 says. They should work
with other curves, and they had not problem with the brainpool curves.

Not tomorrow, neither the day after, but I think is good to have on
mind the possibility to work on the direction to have this elliptic
curve feature available. Specially for the smart cards, due to an
attack to an specific elliptic curve can be aborted changing the curve
without affect the design of the card for one length to a bigger one.

Also, against side channel attack, it's proposed to use isogenies to
avoid zero-value points. And this means that the implementation must
work fine with more curves than a few selected.

/Sergi.