Error when generating ECC keys

Andrey Jivsov openpgp at brainhub.org
Mon Feb 14 01:41:06 CET 2011

I was able to generate an ECC key with a build from "master". You need
to be careful to make sure that you are running *your* version of
libgcrypt, gpg-agent, and gpg2.

One suggestion I have is to uninstall any gpg package (such as RPM-based
binaries on Fedora) you might have, then install all the binaries you
build into a designated directory (e.g./usr/local/gpg2ecc) and set up
the binary search path (in LD_LIBRARY_PATH) to point to this directory only.

Here are the general instructions that worked for me:
http://code.google.com/p/gnupg-ecc/wiki/HowToBuildGnuPG