NeoG - a random number generator implementation for STM32F103

NIIBE Yutaka gniibe at fsij.org
Thu Jul 14 07:03:48 CEST 2011

Hello,

This month, I don't release newer version of Gnuk.  Instead, I started
a small project, while I seek RNG for Gnuk.  Its name is "NeuG".  I
think that users and developers of GnuPG would have interests on this
project, I announce here.

NeuG is a set of routines of random number generator (RNG) which is
based on physical noise.  It supports STM32F103.  It can be stand
alone USB RNG device (with main routine), too.

The NeuG device is seen as starndard USB-CDC device.  On GNU/Linux, it
is something like /dev/ttyACM0.  Configured by stty,

	$ stty -F /dev/ttyACM0 -echo raw

/dev/ttyACM0 becomes random binary stream.

The name comes from Japanized English word "noidgy" (from English word
"noisy"), where many Japanese (including me) don't distinguish
pronunciations of "gee" and "zee".  NeuG includes my important letters
of "g", "n", and "u", and the word "neu" (German spelling of "new").

My primary intention was to incorporate NeuG routines into Gnuk for
random number generation, but the stand alone version could be useful
too.

Please look at the Git repository of NeuG.

	http://www.gniibe.org/gitweb?p=neug.git;a=summary

While tarball is available as

	http://www.gniibe.org/download/neug/neug-0.00.tar.gz

it doesn't include ChibiOS/RT snapshot (you need to download it
yourself).  So, Git repo would be better.

Your comments are much appreciated.

Note that STM32F2xx has built-in TRNG.  As I like STM32F103 so much, I
need to implement RNG by myself.