PO Compiling errors

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Thu Jul 14 09:34:54 CEST 2011

On Wed, 13 Jul 2011 23:07, kevhilton at gmail.com said:

> errors!!).  I'm just wondering if this is because various po files are
> missing from gnupg or this represents a true gettext error:

The required files should all be in the tarball.

> sed -e '/^#/d' -e 's/HEADER/en at quot.header/g' ./insert-header.sin >
> en at quot.inse
> rt-header
> en at quot:
> creation of en at quot.po failed!

The en at quot.po file is generated from the gnupg.pot template by
replacing the quote characters.  See the ".insert-header.po-update-en"
rule in the Makefile.  However this is only done if required, i.e. if a
source file is newer than a target file.  Check that your clock is is
setup correctly and that you didn't touch some of the files.

If it needs to be build you need to have a decent version of gettext
installed.  However, as said this should not happen.

Salam-Shalom,