gpgme-config largefile support missmatch?

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Thu Jun 16 14:46:05 CEST 2011

On Thu, 16 Jun 2011 11:25, bernhard at intevation.de said:

> Any hints where the issues comes from? I am not very proficient with
> the automake chain to debug this myself. Should I open an issue for it?

Unfortunately most linux systems support two ABIs (at least) One uses
off_t with 32 bit and one with 64 bit.  The gpgme ABI requires off_t and
thus we compile for the most common off_t which is 64 bit these days.
All common GUI frameworks do it the same way.  To save the user from
strange crashes gpgme detects such an ABI mismatch and print the error
message you see.

There is a long chapter in the gpgme manual explaining this; in short
you should have a line

  AC_SYS_LARGEFILE

in configure.ac.

Salam-Shalom,