needs in OpenPGP to use it for a bitcoin replacement.

Jean-Jacques Brucker jeanjacquesbrucker at gmail.com
Thu May 26 17:41:56 CEST 2011

--
Jean-Jacques B.

> Isn't this simply because the bitcoin client creates multiple keys and will
> create new ones for a transaction? Two options:
>
> 1. Give up your anonymity and use the same key everywhere. Requires a small
> change to bitcoin client.
>
> 2. Keep your anonymity. Use lots of OpenPGP keys that you need to backup
> regularly.
>
> i.e. If you want the anonymity, you still need to make the backups. If you
> don't want the anonymity, you're not really creating a bitcoin alternative.

I don't want anonymity but i want to use (and so to promote) OpenPGP.

> "How would your proposed system work without a proof of work?"
>
> You haven't explained how the currency works. Where do the initial "coins"
> come from? How are they generated?

That the main point were we need a bitcoin alternative. Bitcoin don't care about humans, and lacks fairness.

Imagine a world with gold mines (I know bitcoin fan like gold) were the mining plan is well know and were the extraction cost nothing and is distributed to each living human (regardless its age, sex, etc...) of this world.

That looks like how the money can be generated :

Each humans validated by a given OpenPGP web of trust may generate periodically its part of a new monetary mass which is created by the rule defined by the Relative Theory of Money (may be adjusted by the vote of the human in the given OpenPGP web of trust) http://www.creationmonetaire.info/2010/11/theorie-relative-de-la-monnaie-10.html, cf 5th rule of http://www.open-udc.org/en/money_rules (I don't necessary agree with other rules in this page, but a community have to accept common rules, they may be as minimal and democratic as possible, but still remain).

The list of humans (OpenPGP KeyID) why satisfy a  given web of trust (which web of trust ? of course there is here a problem of entity with too much power to resolve) is publish before a set of money is created. And so is the amount of money that each human may create in this set.

example : for the set number nt, there is nh humans in the list, each human can create 2 bills of value 50 and 4 bills of value 10.
 The first person in the list may use new bills of value 50 numbered 0 to 1 in this set, and new bills of value 10 numbered 0 to 3 in this set, etc ...

 If a human in the list don't create its part of money, he is supposed to be dead and is (until he comes back to life) removed from the given web of trust.

> If we have a network of networks, I can use the same coin twice -- once in
> network A, once in network B. Or, I cannot use the coin from one network in
> another. Or, I need a third-party.

Not if networks are prioritized in a tree structure :
    /B1
   /
A  --B2
   \
    \B3

 Every B networks watch its root network A, use it to make transaction between them. But network B2 and network A don't care about the money exchanged in network B3.

> A more in-depth description of your proposed system would help, before
> making requests to change OpenPGP. (As David points out, this isn't even
> necessary -- nonetheless, you'll probably save yourself lots of time if you
> just write up a document about this and have others review it, as opposed to
> "just going ahead".)

Indeed David solution is sufficient for the needs. I did think of using the Notation data too, but I did forgot since, (Thanks David to remind me it :-) ) the reason is that it seems dirty to me :

I hope I am not alone which want to use OpenPGP for signing chain.

As a bitcoin is now exchanged for 8 $ (https://mtgox.com/trade/history), and the bitcoin authors are the best served in bitcoin ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Total_bitcoins_over_time.png), I am not sure they would like to work for a human-based alternative before selling their bitcoins at a highest price.