gpgme-tool socket interface

W. Trevor King wking at drexel.edu
Fri Apr 6 21:38:42 CEST 2012

On Tue, Mar 27, 2012 at 02:00:44PM -0400, W. Trevor King wrote:
> If the documentation patches look good, I think I'll add support for a
> ~/.gnupg/S.gpgme-tool socket next, to increase the similarity with
> gpg-agent operation.

I started looking into this today, and here are my thoughts so far.

1) Creating an Assuan server that listens at a standard socket
   (e.g. ~/.assuan/S.<program-name>) should probably be part of
   libassuan.  Then I could avoid duplicating a lot of gpg-agent.c's
   socket handling code.  Should I move that code over?

2) gnupg/jnlib is ~10k lines, which seems big enough to be a
   stand-alone library to me ;).  If you don't want to release it as a
   stand-alone library, it should probably at least have its own git
   repository.  That way you could use git submodules to include it in
   gnupg, and still easily borrow the code to use it in other
   projects.

Cheers,
Trevor