gpgme-tool socket interface

W. Trevor King wking at drexel.edu
Fri Apr 6 22:25:57 CEST 2012

On Fri, Apr 06, 2012 at 03:38:41PM -0400, W. Trevor King wrote:
> 1) Creating an Assuan server that listens at a standard socket
>    (e.g. ~/.assuan/S.<program-name>) should probably be part of
>    libassuan.  Then I could avoid duplicating a lot of gpg-agent.c's
>    socket handling code.  Should I move that code over?

Since there is already a reasonable amount of socket handling code in
libassuan, I though I'd be a bit more explicit about what I wanted to
move over:

* General server-related option definition and handling (oServer,
  oDaemon, oNoDetach, …)
* Server-related global variables and handling (shutdown_pending,
  check_own_socket_running, socket_name, socket_nonce,
  create_socket_name, check_for_running_agent, …)
* Cleanup and signal handling (remove_socket, handle_signal, …).  In
  order to allow flexible signal handling, there should be stand-alone
  handlers for common signals (i.e. assuan_handle_sigint,
  assuan_handle_sigterm).  Users would have to use nPth themselves to
  handle signals.

That would be a good start anyway ;).  I'll probably run into some
others if I get a green light to start working on this.