gpgme-tool socket interface

W. Trevor King wking at drexel.edu
Sat Apr 7 17:58:10 CEST 2012

On Sat, Apr 07, 2012 at 12:30:56PM +0200, Werner Koch wrote:
> On Fri,  6 Apr 2012 22:25, wking at drexel.edu said:
>
> > * Cleanup and signal handling (remove_socket, handle_signal, …).  In
> >   order to allow flexible signal handling, there should be stand-alone
>
> I think it is better to avoid signals as much as we can.  We can't use
> them under Windows anyway and thus we need Assuan commands insteads.

Actually, this is a great reason to extract the socket server code in
a sharable library.  I'm definately not going to want to write Windows
code for gpgme-tool, because (1) I don't know anything about Windows
and (2) I don't have access to any Windows machines for testing.  If
libassuan had that part of the gpg-agent logic internally,
libassuan-based servers would run on Windows out-of-the-box, without
needing a Windows-capable dev attached to each server project.