Bugs 1446 and 1447 (SRV and SSL)

David Shaw dshaw at jabberwocky.com
Tue Dec 18 06:19:02 CET 2012

Hi folks,

I have fixes in for bugs 1446 (not following the port from the SRV) and 1447 (not presenting the right SNI and Host header after following a SRV) on the 2.0 branch.  If anyone would like to give them a whirl, I'd appreciate it.  The cases are:

* No curl at all (i.e. configure --without-libcurl): should use the port given in the SRV, and the Host header should be that of the SRV itself, rather than the chosen target given within the SRV.
* Built with curl before 7.21.3: No SRV support.
* Built with curl at or after 7.21.3: Same as the no-curl case, except it works with hkps as well, and passes the appropriate SNI (which like the Host header, is that of the SRV itself, rather than the chosen target given with the SRV).

David