[gnupg-devel] gnupg-1.4.12 build issue

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Thu Feb 2 17:41:48 CET 2012

On Tue, 31 Jan 2012 20:00, beebe at math.utah.edu said:

> I now have gnupg-1.4.12 successfully built, validated, and installed
> on all of our more than 20 flavors of Unix in our test lab, EXCEPT for
> one: GNU/Linux Gentoo 2.0.3 on 32-bit SPARC.

May I call this a success now?  You did quite some testing over all the
previous releases and AFAICS, this is the first time that it builds on
all platforms.  The Gentoo thing might really be a regression in gentoo.
The question, is: Shall we fix it in gnupg or wait for a fixed Gentoo?

> However, it appears that the mpi tree is incorrectly making an
> assumption that udiv_qrnnd is universally available.

There is a replacement function made up of an macro and an external
module.  There is no configure check for it, but selected using a list
of CPU/OS strings (mpi/config.links).

Salam-Shalom,