GnuPG master migrated to nPth

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at guardianproject.info
Thu Jan 26 21:00:59 CET 2012

On 01/26/2012 02:50 PM, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

> On 01/26/2012 12:00 PM, Werner Koch wrote:
>> On Thu, 26 Jan 2012 17:46, hans at guardianproject.info said:
>>> Any ideas bout npth on Android?  Is npth required to run gnupg?
>>
>> Would you mind try building it?  It should not be too hard to adjust it
>> for Android.
>
> First thing, config.sub and config.guess are too old, they don't support
> the host 'arm-linux-androideabi'.  I think this applies to all of the
> libs hosted at gnupg.org that I've tried (gpg-error, assuan, gcrypt,
> gnupg, npth).  Those files need to be upgraded in order for things to
> build.  I've been manually replacing them in my builds.
>
> Next, npth's ./configure complains it can't find pthread, I'm looking
> into this now.  pthread is included in Android's bionic libc, but
> someone simplified.  It does not have pthread_cancel(), for example:
> http://groups.google.com/group/android-platform/browse_thread/thread/0aad393da2da65b1

As for pthread, in Android its in libc, so this fails:

  AC_CHECK_LIB(pthread, pthread_create)

But this succeeds:

  AC_CHECK_LIB(c, pthread_create)

Bionic libc does not seem to have these though: pthread_tryjoin_np
pthread_getname_np but does seem to have pthread_setname_np.  So at this
point pth is ported and seems a better option for Android than npth.

.hc