dirmngr repository?

Daniel Kahn Gillmor dkg at fifthhorseman.net
Wed Mar 14 07:16:17 CET 2012

On Fri, 03 Jun 2011 09:00:27 +0200, Werner Koch <wk at gnupg.org> wrote:
> That's right.  Dirmngr has been merged with GnuPG.  The GnuPG master has
> a Dirmngr directory which has the most up to date code.  We will only
> do security updates for the old Dirmngr.

Does this mean that the dirmngr package found at [0] is obsolete or
superceded by the material in git, or by the source found in 2.1.0beta3?

Should the source package download link be marked as deprecated?  or
will that deprecation wait until 2.1.0 is released?

I'm trying to sort out what debian should be doing with packaging these
parts, so i want to make sure i understand the upstream plans for them.

Thanks,

      --dkg

[0] http://www.gnupg.org/download/index.en.html#dirmngr