dirmngr repository?

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Wed Mar 14 09:55:45 CET 2012

On Wed, 14 Mar 2012 07:16, dkg at fifthhorseman.net said:

> Does this mean that the dirmngr package found at [0] is obsolete or
> superceded by the material in git, or by the source found in 2.1.0beta3?

No, [0] is the current stable version.

> will that deprecation wait until 2.1.0 is released?

More likely until 2.2 has been released.  I expect that a migration to
2.1 will take quite some time on Unix platforms.  On Windows we plan to
integrated into 2.1 into Gpg4win this year.

> I'm trying to sort out what debian should be doing with packaging these
> parts, so i want to make sure i understand the upstream plans for them.

Get the permissions for Dirmngr right; last time I checked it was still
run as root.

Shalom-Salam,