npth-0.90 build report

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Wed May 9 20:53:57 CEST 2012

On Tue,  8 May 2012 16:07, beebe at math.utah.edu said:

> OpenBSD 4.9 and 5.1 x86:
>
> 	../src/.libs/libnpth.so.0.1: undefined reference to `pselect'

Fixed by using an emulation.  At least it provides a guarantee that the
timeout value will not change.  Setting the siganl mask is of course not
race free.

> MirBSD 10 x86:

Very likely also fixed.

>     However, a build with CC=c99 fails like this:

Fixed.  We need to add -D_POSIX_C_SOURCE=200112L when building the tests.

> 	"npth.c", line 104: warning: implicit function declaration: usleep
> 	"npth.c", line 154: undefined symbol: __FUNCTION__

Also fixed 0 I hope.  In case it still gives error we can simply removfe
the debugging code.

> Mac OS X PowerPC and x86_64:
>
> 	npth.c:594: error: 'CLOCK_REALTIME' undeclared (first use in

I still need to look at it.

> GNU/Linux Gentoo SPARC:
>
> 	Build succeeds, but test fails:
>
> 	FAIL: t-mutex

The test program did not emit an exit code, thus it is possibly fixed
now.

> SGI IRIX 6.5 MIPS R10000:

> 	npth.h:342: error: syntax error before "socklen_t"

Fixed.  But there may be other errors.

I like to write some regression tests before I do a new release.  If you
want to test my fixes now, I can send you a tarball.

Shalom-Salam,