Looking for GnuPG-compatible library for server application

Robert J. Hansen rjh at sixdemonbag.org
Sat Oct 20 01:54:07 CEST 2012

On 10/19/2012 5:44 PM, Werner Koch wrote:
> Sure, we should do that.  The only problem I see is that you need to put
> the gpg4win installation directory into the DLLPATH.  For binaries we
> have the "pub" directory to be included in PATH.  Those binaries are
> actually wrappers to call the real binaries from the above directory
> (poor man's symlink).  I am not sure how to do it with DLLs - maybe we
> can use hardlinks or the new Windows symlinks.  But neither work on some
> file servers.

I feel like I'm missing something important here: why would we need to
do that at all?  What's wrong with providing the DLLs, the necessary
header files, and telling people "if you want to develop against GPGME
on Win32, feel free, but you will have to distribute the DLLs with your
application and comply with the licensing terms"?

(Admittedly, this is a bit of a return to the DLL hell problem.)