Building master - feedback/notes

Ian Abbott abbotti at mev.co.uk
Wed Apr 17 16:31:44 CEST 2013

On 2013/04/17 10:39 AM, Werner Koch wrote:
> On Tue, 16 Apr 2013 23:05, gnupg-devel at spodhuis.org said:
>
>>  * build fails because of no rule to generate doc/DCO which is not in
>>    git; I suspect it was missed in a git add but exists on a developer's
>>    box?
>
> I realized this too when I was on the train yesterday.  Pushed.

Also, there are errors when building the docs with the latest Texinfo.
(5.0 onwards seem less tolerant of mistakes than earlier versions.)  I
posted a couple of patches last week to correct the build errors,
although there are still problems with links going to the wrong anchors
at various places in the .info file, e.g. for @pxref{options --options}
for various programs linking to the documentation a different program.

>> Other than the fact that I also need a "cp" which takes the "-a" option,
>> which I could hack around autogen.sh for, everything else went smoothly.
>
> I can't remember why I used -a. It is not needed here.  Both, -a and -v
> are not POSIX and should thus be avoided.  I guess this is a relic from
> a bashism.  Given that we need to use chmod anyway, shall I change it to
> cat?

Wouldn't a plain old cp do?

--
-=( Ian Abbott @ MEV Ltd.    E-mail: <abbotti at mev.co.uk>             )=-
-=( Tel: +44 (0)161 477 1898   FAX: +44 (0)161 718 3587              )=-