gnupg-2.0.19 test failures on GNU/Linux Red Hat 5.8 IA-64 (Itanium)

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Wed Apr 24 12:33:52 CEST 2013

Hi,

On Thu,  5 Apr 2012 17:46, beebe at math.utah.edu said:
> I've just made a series of experiments with builds of gnupg-2.0.19 on
> Red Hat 5.8 IA-64 (Itanium) with multiple compilers:

> Only the build with icc passed all of the tests, so I have
> installed that one.

I just did a test with the current 2.0 code on an IA64 under Debian.  I
had to install in my home directory and needed to build my own libpth
(2.0.7 plus ia64 patch).

The first test failed at decrypt.tyst and several others.  Manual
testing again worked then.  I remove the gnupg tree and build it again
and all tests succeeded.  The only difference is that during the first
build I had not set LD_LIBRARY_PATH and thus the "make" in tests failed.
I set LD_LIBRARY_PATH, ran "make" and "make check" again and it failed
as described.  I also did a "make distclean" and build again, with full
success.  dmesg showed several hardware errors and lost page write
errors on that machine thus this might have been the problem.

gcc 4.4.5

> 	gpg: WARNING: unsafe permissions on homedir `.'
> 	gpg: problem with the agent: Broken pipe
>
> Here are the home directory permissions:
>
> 	% ls -lFd ~/.
> 	drwxr-xr-x 309 XXXXXX wheel 1434 Apr  5 08:29 /XXXXXX
>
> They look okay to me, and in any event, the tests pass with icc, so
> the same test with gcc compilation should not fail either.

The permissions are just a warning.  The GnuPG home directory should not
be world readable - but for a test this doesn't matter.

> Also, in the output
>
> 	3DES CAST5 BLOWFISH AES AES192 AES256 TWOFISH CAMELLIA128 CAMELLIA192 CAMELLIA256 | PASS: conventional.test
> 	3DES FAIL: conventional-mdc.test

I have changed that to

  PASS: decrypt.test
  PASS: decrypt-dsa.test
      > MD5 SHA1 RIPEMD160 SHA256 SHA384 SHA512 SHA224 <
  PASS: sigs.test

Hope this helps.

Thanks for all your tests.

Salam-Shalom,