scd: PC/SC pinpad input improvement

NIIBE Yutaka gniibe at fsij.org
Fri Aug 30 03:24:59 CEST 2013

On 2013-08-27 at 17:35 +0900, NIIBE Yutaka wrote:
> On 2013-08-27 at 09:29 +0200, Werner Koch wrote:
> > Something different: During a presentation I did last week, I realized
> > that the default timeout of the SPR532 is a bit short.  As of now the
> > pop up window has a pretty short message but we may change this and the
> > user will need more time to read that message - by then she may have
> > already run into a timeout.  Shall we add a configuration option to
> > change the timeout?

[...]
>       I will check for PC/SC.

In GNU/Linux, the lower level timeout is usually dynamically adusted
in libccid by IFDHSetProtocolParameters.  It uses different timeout
for SecurePINVerify and SecurePINModify.  That's because it is up to
user how many seconds are required to the command request from host.
BWT (Block Waiting Time) doesn't matter for pinpad input.

It was 30 seconds in older implementations, and it's now 90 seconds.

It would be better to specify bigger bTimeOut of pin_verify[0] or
pin_modify[0].  Current implementation specifies 0, it means, the
default value, it's up to PC/SC.