changing SONAME for libs on Android

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Tue Dec 10 08:37:07 CET 2013

On Mon,  9 Dec 2013 22:23, hans at guardianproject.info said:

> * gpgme and libkbsa need this same patch, and then work

Sure.  I usually do that right before a release.  I can do that earlier
if it helps you.

> * libassuan and npth need the patch, but then also need this to work:
>    ./autogen.sh && autoreconf --install --force --verbose

No autoreconf please.  We use autogen.sh and the tested automake/conf
versions.  What is the reason that you think you need to do that.

> * libgpg-error needs the patch, the autoreconf, and then also forcing
>   the change to libgpg-error/libtool via sed:
> sed 's,^fast_install=.*,fast_install=needless,'
> sed 's,^version_type=.*,version_type=none,'

Please explain why this is required.  libgpg-error is not different than
the other tools.

> Shall I file a bug report?

It is easier for me to discuss this here.

Shalom-Salam,