changing SONAME for libs on Android

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at guardianproject.info
Tue Dec 10 15:44:29 CET 2013

On 12/10/2013 02:37 AM, Werner Koch wrote:
> On Mon,  9 Dec 2013 22:23, hans at guardianproject.info said:
>
>> * gpgme and libkbsa need this same patch, and then work
>
> Sure.  I usually do that right before a release.  I can do that earlier
> if it helps you.

No rush, I have it building in the GPGA tree.

>> * libassuan and npth need the patch, but then also need this to work:
>>    ./autogen.sh && autoreconf --install --force --verbose
>
> No autoreconf please.  We use autogen.sh and the tested automake/conf
> versions.  What is the reason that you think you need to do that.

The patch alone didn't work, it was still generating libnpth.so.0.2.0 or
whatever the number is.  It should be libnpth.so.  After running autoreconf,
it made libnpth.so and libassuan.so.

>> * libgpg-error needs the patch, the autoreconf, and then also forcing
>>   the change to libgpg-error/libtool via sed:
>> sed 's,^fast_install=.*,fast_install=needless,'
>> sed 's,^version_type=.*,version_type=none,'
>
> Please explain why this is required.  libgpg-error is not different than
> the other tools.

Same as above.  After running autoreconf and ./configure, it still hadn't
updated libgpg-error/libtool.  But in this case, forcing it with sed patterns
worked where that didn't work with libnpth and libassuan.

.hc