Several problems with building GnuPG 2 for Windows

Laila Vrazda lailavrazda1979 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 18 19:12:58 CET 2013

Okay. I'll start from the beginning. First, I don't want to build the
installer. I want to build the GnuPG 2 binaries for x86_64-w64-mingw32
using the autotools. I ran into the following issues:

* Both libassuan and libksba mention a switch in their configure script
that doesn't work (--with-libgpg-error-prefix). What does work is
--with-gpg-error-prefix. The help should be changed to remove
--with-libgpg-error-prefix and add --with-gpg-error-prefix, or the
configure script should actually support --with-libgpg-error-prefix. Either
one works.

* The build for libassuan will die for x86_64-w64-mingw32 unless
HAVE_DOSISH_SYSTEM is defined. This is not defined by the configure script
for x86_64-w64-mingw32.

* The autogen.sh script for w32pth in the git repository does not generate
a working configure script. Additionally, its build process is strange; the
autogen.sh script should generate a configure script, and I should be able
to use that configure script with --prefix, --build, and --host. This does
not apply to the release at the link you gave me, because the configure
script in there works. If I use './autogen.sh --build-w32' it dies
complaining that I don't have the MinGW tools installed, and besides, I
want to use the configure script anyway.

* The release of w32pth has a compile time issue. When compiling for
x86_64-w64-mingw32, it dies complaining about an unknown type name
'sigset_t'. I believe this is simply an int, and can be fixed with a
typedef in a header file. Whether it belongs in MinGW-w64 or GnuPG 2, I do
not know.

Again, I'd like to say that I want to use the autotools ( ./configure &&
make && make install ) to build GnuPG 2 for Windows x64 like I would for
any other target. I don't understand why I should have to use Gpg4win to do
this.