Termination of GnuPG assignment

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Sun Feb 24 16:22:51 CET 2013

Hello!

Herewith I terminate my copyright assignment to the FSF for the program
GnuPG, signed on 1998-02-23 and known in your records as

  GNUPG   Werner Koch     Germany 1961    1998-02-23
  Assigns GNU Privacy Guard and future changes.
  wk at gnupg.org

to the effect that all changes and/or enhancements to the code,
documentation, and supporting files done by me from 2013-03-29 on will
not anymore be covered by this assignment.  Requirements for reporting
and help for enforcement shall also be deemed as terminated.

I also ask you to grant me back non-exclusive rights to use GNUPG as I
see fit, as stated in the second paragraph of the assignment contract.

Please confirm the receipt of this mail.

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner Koch

p.s.
As already discussed with John at FOSDEM, I consider the use copyright
assignments an inappropriate restriction of the freedom we want to give
to users of software.  However, the waiving of my copyright assignment
does not mean that I would like to retract GnuPG from the GNU project.