Termination of GnuPG assignment

Branko Majic branko at majic.rs
Mon Feb 25 21:42:03 CET 2013

On Sun, 24 Feb 2013 16:22:51 +0100
Werner Koch <wk at gnupg.org> wrote:

> Hello!
>
> Herewith I terminate my copyright assignment to the FSF for the
> program GnuPG, signed on 1998-02-23 and known in your records as
>
>   GNUPG   Werner Koch     Germany 1961    1998-02-23
>   Assigns GNU Privacy Guard and future changes.
>   wk at gnupg.org
>
> to the effect that all changes and/or enhancements to the code,
> documentation, and supporting files done by me from 2013-03-29 on will
> not anymore be covered by this assignment.  Requirements for reporting
> and help for enforcement shall also be deemed as terminated.
>
> I also ask you to grant me back non-exclusive rights to use GNUPG as I
> see fit, as stated in the second paragraph of the assignment contract.

Hello Werner,

Could you tell us (I don't think I'm the only person interested) what
would this mean in terms of development of GnuPG (when it comes down to
your involvement in the project)?

I apologise if my question is inappropriate. I'd also like to emphasize
that it's not my intention to start any kind of heated debate regarding
this topic.

Best regards

--
Branko Majic
Jabber: branko at majic.rs
Please use only Free formats when sending attachments to me.

Бранко Мајић
Џабер: branko at majic.rs
Молим вас да додатке шаљете искључиво у слободним форматима.