A wiki for GnuPG and related topics?

Sun Jan 6 21:07:50 CET 2013

Am So 06.01.2013, 20:06:29 schrieb Bernhard Reiter:

> > > It takes a bit to maintain, spam fighting
> >
> > Really? If editing requires an OpenPGP key? ;-)
>
> If this can be done in a way that it is not posing a high burden for
> contributors, why not? :)

I don't know anything about wiki administration but I would be very surprised
if it was not possible to configure a wiki so that account registration
requires manual approval. What are we talking about, one additional user per
week? Hard to believe that anyone would NOT edit an OpenPGP / GnuPG wiki just
because he has so send a signed email. This would even be a privacy advantage
as it would not be necessary to register an email address if you can register
a key (one or more) instead (sending the required data via some web contact
form).

I would offer to make the translation into German. This would make it more
convenient to link pages relevant to beginners from my page. :-)

BTW: I haven't understood why this is supposed to be an issue for the devel
list and not the users list. I guess there are a lot more people on the users
list. Werner, still reading? ;-) , is that correct?

Hauke
--
☺
PGP: 7D82 FB9F D25A 2CE4 5241 6C37 BF4B 8EEF 1A57 1DF5 (seit 2012-11-04)