[Feature request] send an user agent in hkp request

jbar jeanjacquesbrucker at gmail.com
Wed Jan 30 22:56:43 CET 2013

On Wed, 30 Jan 2013 17:04:27 +0100
Werner Koch <wk at gnupg.org> wrote:

> And before someone asks, we could of course add a --emit-full-version ;-)

I don't consider softwares and versions as "private", but I agree with not sending such information, at least not needed, by default. And yes that could be great to have such option to enable such information in Armored data AND in the HTTP user agent. (i.e. with --armor AND with --recv-keys and --send-keys).

Note: I don't want absolutely to have the GnuPG versions in HTTP user agent, I could also being satistfied to have only the default libcurl user-agent. The matter is that when you are a web admin, who checks the logs to detect eventual unexpected behaviours, empty HTTP user agent are always suspicious, and I prefer personnaly false, liar, or little wordy user-agents, than empty ones.

We could also maybe mind having an option --http-user-agent which take an argument to specifie the sended user-agent, like curl have.

--
jbar <jeanjacquesbrucker at gmail.com>