2 questions regarding gpgme and keyrings

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Thu Aug 14 14:23:24 CEST 2014

On Thu, 14 Aug 2014 11:14, folkert at vanheusden.com said:
> - how can I set the filesystem location of the keyring from WITHIN my
>   application so that gpgme looks in the right location?

    err = gpgme_set_engine_info (GPGME_PROTOCOL_OpenPGP,
                                 NULL, "/my/other/gnupg/homedir");

That is you can't give the location of a keyring but you need top
provide another homedir.  The keyring is a detail of the gpg and paying
with it should in general be avoided.  Note that 2.1 uses by default the
faster keybox and shares that with gpgsm.

> - when encrypting data from some-one, how can I set the public key
>   using the regular ascii encoding of a key using a function call? e.g.
>   so that it does not retrieve it from a key ring but as an ascii-string

First import that key and the use it.

Salam-Shalom,