Most GnuPG 2.1.1 tests fail on Solaris 10

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Thu Dec 18 14:30:50 CET 2014

On Thu, 18 Dec 2014 13:45, laurent at elanor.org said:

> Well, I hate the backquotes myself, so if you've got a policy to
> replace them with $(), I can manage on my side to replace the shell
> with bash. WONTFIX is fine.

Well, if Solaris is the last of the modern Unices to not support a POSIX
shell, I would indeed tag it as wontfix.

> There's a secret message in there, a gpg-agent error that was not
> displayed, it's really being picky on the path length:

Alright, this is not Solaris specific.  You have this problem on all
Unices because the path length of a Unix domain socket is limit (107
seems to be a common value).

We hafe this socket redirection feature but the API for this also uses
the sun_path field of the sockaddr_un structure.  Thus we have the same
limitations.  But that would also require manual configuration.

Is it really worth to do that or should we better document that
limitation?

Salam-Shalom,