gpg-agent and allow-loopback-pinentry

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Sat Dec 27 15:45:03 CET 2014

Hi Patrick,

I am too busy with other things right now but a quick note anyway:

We should have a meeting of key developers asap to discuss such things.
Having it during a conference (e.g. FOSDEM) is IMHO not sufficient.  It
would be better to have a small dedicated meeting.

> 1. There is no explanation why a password is required (and why again)

Okay, let's improve on that.

> 2. There is no feedback for the user about the quality of the passphrase.

There is one for may years - it always bugs me when using my standard
test passphrase "abc".  The current method is quite primitive but you
can hook in other checks.

Salam-Shalom,