how to install the po translations on Android

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Tue Feb 25 10:08:31 CET 2014

On Mon, 24 Feb 2014 23:37, hans at guardianproject.info said:
> That test there is pretty strange.  Why would libgpg-error only install its
> translations if the PACKAGE is called "gettext-tools"?

That rule is only for the gettext package itself - not needed here and
thus the dummy command.  However, the install-data target depends on
install-data- at USE_NLS@ and thus either the install-data-no or
install-data-yes rules are run - depending on whether NLS has been
enabled.  Use

   grep USE_NLS config.status

To see whether it has been enabled.  If you don't know why it has been
disabled, you need to check the config.log file.   I guess that you have
a config.site file somewhere or the envvar CONFIG_SITE pointing to such
a file.  This is commonly used to convey options used by all packages.

Shalom-Salam,