how to install the po translations on Android

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Wed Feb 26 08:53:46 CET 2014

On Tue, 25 Feb 2014 16:35, hans at guardianproject.info said:

> The gettext it is looking for is the C functions for loading the translations?

yes.

>  That's my guess.  libintl is not provided by Android. It might be possible to
> build the full GNU gettext for Android, but it might also be quite painful.

I am pretty sure that this is possible.  Bruno's code is highly portable.

> Another option I'm considering is using libintl-lite or related fork:

I don't known.  But there is another option.  For historicial reasons
GnuPG for Windows uses its own gettext implementaion.  It is part of
libgpg-error but only build and used under Windows - should be easy to
modify it to work on all OSes.  There are some limitations in the code;
for example the mo files must be utf-8 encoded (which is easy to
achieve) and only the additional Germanic plural is supported.

Salam-Shalom,