openpgp -> pkcs #11

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Sun Jan 5 13:33:10 CET 2014

On Sat,  4 Jan 2014 17:26, nmav at gnutls.org said:

> I think it would be nice to have suggestions to accommodate the needs of
> the openpgp card to the PKCS #11 committee.

We already have a way to provide the card as PKCS#11 token for those who
want that.  In general I consider PKCS#11 too complicate due to a design
targeted to proprietary applications.

It is bad enough that we usually don't have free software cards, but in
most cases we do not even have complete card specs and instead vendors
resort to hide them in their proprietary drivers.  That should be a
no-no after the summer of snowden.

Shalom-Salam,