Android gpg-agent crashes in libgcrypt when signing, decrypting, importing secret keys

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at guardianproject.info
Sat Jan 18 03:59:34 CET 2014

On 01/17/2014 03:35 PM, Werner Koch wrote:
> On Fri, 17 Jan 2014 19:34, hans at guardianproject.info said:
>> On GPG for Android, I've updated to the latest libgcrypt in master (or close
>> to it, its commit 4b7db51ad5d1bf98fd08ca3048f258059eca61a4).  Now it seems
>
> Did the full Libgcrypt test suite pass?

Ok, I'm working on getting that running now.  Its failing on AES.  Building
for Android means cross-compiling, so running the tests means manually
scripting, unless someone knows some amazing autotools tricks to make `make
check` run in an Android emulator.

> In general it is advisable to use LIBGCRYPT-1-6-BRANCH and not
> master.  Of course we are glad about any bug reports but we may not be
> able to follow up on such reports.
>
> If the test suite passed, please try with 1.6 to see whether it makes a
> difference.

So AES is failing.  I went with master rather than the 1.6 branch because this
commit is needed to make the ARM asm code work on Android:

Parse /proc/cpuinfo for ARM HW features
a05be441d8cd89b90d8d58e3a343a436dae377d0

But it turns out that the libgcrypt tests are failing with both the head of
master and LIBGCRYPT-1-6-BRANCH.  I'll see what I can come with tonight.

.hc