Gnuk 1.1.2

NIIBE Yutaka gniibe at fsij.org
Fri Mar 7 08:07:02 CET 2014

Hello,

Development version of Gnuk 1.1.2 was released.

Gnuk is an implementation of Cryptographic Token for GnuPG, and it
runs on STM32F103.

This is an experimental version.  While it's daily use for me, this
version is for developers, basically.

In this version, I added the support of secp256k1 curve for ECDSA
signature.  When enabled (manual editing is required to remove
-DRSA_SIG or -DRSA_AUTH), you can use the ECC key with development
version of GnuPG 2.1.x.

The feature is intended to be used for Bitcoin transaction.  I would
like to support Bitcoin, while I don't recommend Bitcoin.  Note that
Gnuk Token is just a place for a private key, we need to modify some
Bitcoin client program so that it can use Gnuk Token through GnuPG
agent.

Well, I realize that most "Bitcoin users" are not real users, in fact.
For me, users of Bitcoin should have their own private keys.  Gnuk
Token with the feature of secp256k1 curve is for those who want to
control their own computing.

Here is the list of noteworthy change (in 1.1.2):

   * Experimental ECC support for secp256k1.

     After configure, you can edit the DEFS variable in src/Makefile,
     so that Gnuk can support ECDSA with NIST P256 (for
     authentication), and ECDSA with secp256k1 (for signature).  Note
     that this is pretty much experimental, and subjects to change.

For Japanese people who like bleeding edge, I still have a little
campaign of FST-01 wit Gnuk 1.1.1:

    http://www.gniibe.org/shop/gnuk_1_1_x-on-fst-01 (in Japanese)

Links:

Gnuk Documentation: