Curve25519 for Encryption and Signing?

Johan van Selst johans at stack.nl
Fri Nov 7 16:10:04 CET 2014

Jason A. Donenfeld wrote:
> I wasn't able to create a Curve25519 key for both signing and encryption in
> the most recent 2.1.0. Is there a reason for this? Is it not possible to
> have a dual ECDH/EdDSA? Or is it still under development and simply not yet
> implemented?

Quoting from https://www.gnupg.org/faq/whats-new-in-2.1.html
 GnuPG 2.1.0 already comes with support for signing keys using the
 Ed25519 variant of this curve. [..]

 The format for an encryption key has not yet been finalized and will be
 added to GnuPG in one of the next point releases. Recall that an
 encryption subkey can be added to a key at any time.

Regards,
Johan