dead FTP mirror: NL, Demon

Phil Pennock gnupg-devel at spodhuis.org
Fri Nov 21 08:31:09 CET 2014

Folks,

Dead mirror: ftp.demon.nl

I am the person who set up the ftp.demon.nl mirror of GnuPG, many years
ago.  In 2006, Demon Internet Netherlands was sold to KPN N.V. and
various services and customers started to move across to the XS4All
subsidiary.  I left (the company and the country) that year.

These days, ftp.demon.nl appears to be a CNAME for an XS4All download
service and if GnuPG is mirrored, it's not mirrored in the same place.

I suggest removing the Netherlands/Demon entry from
<https://gnupg.org/download/mirrors.html>.

Thanks,
-Phil