2.1 beta or release

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Sat Oct 25 12:21:34 CEST 2014

On Fri, 24 Oct 2014 21:52, kristian.fiskerstrand at sumptuouscapital.com
said:

> Any ETA for IANA assignment of algoid for the Ed25519 / EdDSA I-D? If

No.  I have an advise that I need to forward my request to the Security
Area Advisory Group for discussion for comments.  If there are no
problems and the CFRG has finished its curve selection job one of the
area directors is willing to sponsor the draft.  Unfortunately we do not
have a WG for OpenPGP anymore and thus everything has to pass the
individual submission process.  The IETF has no plans to reestablish the
OpenPGP WG.

I have some fear the curve discussion process of the CFRG has been
filibustered by parties which are not necessary friends of privacy.
Thus I do not want to wait for them any longer.  We have the informal
OpenPGP (non-)WG list agreement that 22 shall be used for EdDSA.  Thus
signing is all fine.

What about keyservers and EdDSA (22)?

Shalom-Salam,