Why 2.1 is delayed for so long

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Sat Sep 20 12:05:03 CEST 2014

On Sat, 20 Sep 2014 03:02, infinity0 at pwned.gg said:

> According to various posts on the internet we could also run
> "gpg-connect-agent killagent /bye" [1] but I just tried it and it
> doesn't work. `man gpg-connect-agent` doesn't mention any commands,

Sure it doesn't.  ssh neither shows you the available commands on the
connected host.  You may try the command "help" and "help COMMAND".

For reloading the agent, you may also use "gpgconf --reload gpg-agent"
or to kill it "gpgconf --kill gpg-agent"

> $ gpg-connect-agent killagent /bye
> ERR 103 unknown command

  > help killagent
  # KILLAGENT
  #
  # If the agent has been started using a standard socket
  # we allow a client to stop the agent.
  OK

2.0.26 might not stpport this command on Unix systems - I have not
checked.  It was orginally introduced for the Windows port because kill
commands are not standard there.  2.1 has this command with the above
mentioned exception.

> $ gpg-connect-agent --version
> gpg-connect-agent (GnuPG) 2.0.26

What you want is

  $ gpg-connect-agent 'getinfo version' /bye
  D 2.1.0-beta772
  OK

Salam-Shalom,