Colin Davis e1ven at e1ven.com
Sun Sep 21 18:29:49 CEST 2014

Thanks for working on this - This is much better than it was even two months ago!
I was able to compile this successfully on OSX, both in the current stable (10.9.5) and the beta (10.10 DP8)

Charles - I believe it's using gpgv to verify the downloads -
If you make sure you have an existing version of gpg installed (such as `brew install gpg`, this should work).

There were a few other small configuration issues-

As before, you need to have automake installed - It looks like it still really wants automake 1.11.
IIRC, there were some patches proposed last year to support both, but until then you'll want to manually install automake 1.11

wget http://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/automake/automake-1.11.6.tar.gz
tar -xzf automake-1.11.6.tar.gz
cd automake-1.11.6/
./configure
make
make install
AUTOMAKE_SUFFIX=1.11

You'll also want to set gl_cv_absolute_stdint_h, so that gpg picks up the version in /usr
gl_cv_absolute_stdint_h=/usr/include/stdint.h

OSX ships with "shasum", rather than "sha1sum", so you need to modify speedy to use this method
On line 726 of build-aux/speedo.mk, replace sha1sum with shasum.

Finally, we need to edit the Makefile-
edit  common/Makefile.am, and go to line 194. Replace:
t_common_ldadd = libcommon.a ../gl/libgnu.a \
with
t_common_ldadd = libcommon.a libcommon_a-init.o ../gl/libgnu.a \

then run
make -f build-aux/speedo.mk  native

This should provide you with a copy of gpg2 in PLAY/inst/bin/gpg2

gnupg-2.1.0-beta834 e1ven$ PLAY/inst/bin/gpg2 --version
gpg (GnuPG) 2.1.0-beta834
libgcrypt 1.6.2
NOTE: THIS IS A DEVELOPMENT VERSION!
It is only intended for test purposes and should NOT be
used in a production environment or with production keys!

Home: ~/.gnupg
Supported algorithms:
Pubkey: RSA, ELG, DSA, ECDH, ECDSA, EDDSA
Cipher: IDEA, 3DES, CAST5, BLOWFISH, AES, AES192, AES256, TWOFISH,
        CAMELLIA128, CAMELLIA192, CAMELLIA256
Compression: Uncompressed, ZIP, ZLIB, BZIP2