Why 2.1 is delayed for so long

Ximin Luo infinity0 at pwned.gg
Mon Sep 22 21:07:21 CEST 2014

On 22/09/14 20:00, Daniel Kahn Gillmor wrote:
> On 09/22/2014 12:40 PM, Werner Koch wrote:
>> On Mon, 22 Sep 2014 16:26, dkg at fifthhorseman.net said:
>>
>>> Which manual are we talking about here?  debian packages should already
>>> ship the man page and the DETAILS.gz.
>>
>> The pdf and the info version of the texinfo files.  ("make pdf" from the
>> top directory).  The man pages are extracted from the info file but they
>> do not document everything as stated in each SEE ALSO section.
>
> "info gnupg" works for me based on the debian package, and shows the
> gnupg info pages.
>
> We don't ship the PDF at the moment.  do you think it adds anything to
> ship the PDF as well as the info pages?
>
>> That seems to be stuff from the website.  I do not think this is useful
>
> traditionally, we have shipped some data that is also available on the
> web as debian packages (e.g. debian-policy) to facilitate offline work.
>
> the main elements shipped in gnupg-doc are:
>
>   o The GNU Privacy Handbook
>   o Replacing PGP 2.x with GnuPG
>   o GnuPG mini-HOWTO
>
> Do you think that these things are not useful for people in offline
> scenarios?  Should we stop shipping one or more of those references?
> Are there other references that you think we should ship?

Hi, I should probably have chimed in earlier. Originally I was referring to the GPG manual:

https://www.gnupg.org/documentation/manuals/gnupg/Unattended-GPG-key-generation.html

In DETAILS.gz in version 2.1, the section on "Unattended key generation" now has been deleted and says "Please see the GnuPG manual for a description", which I assume refers to the above page. I had hoped this might be in the gnupg-doc package, but this is not the case.

GPG: 4096R/1318EFAC5FBBDBCE
git://github.com/infinity0/pubkeys.git