Charles Diza chdiza at gmail.com
Tue Sep 23 00:56:50 CEST 2014

On Mon, Sep 22, 2014 at 8:54 AM, Werner Koch <wk at gnupg.org> wrote:

> On Sun, 21 Sep 2014 18:29, e1ven at e1ven.com said:
>
> > Charles - I believe it's using gpgv to verify the downloads - If you
>
> Right, I hoped that at least gpgv is availabale on all major platforms
> by default.  It is the case for most Linux distributions.  I print a
> warning now.

gpgv does not and never did come with OSX.  I'd never even heard of it
until recently.

> You'll also want to set gl_cv_absolute_stdint_h, so that gpg picks up the
> version in /usr
> > gl_cv_absolute_stdint_h=/usr/include/stdint.h
>
> With no access to an OS X mahcine it is hard for me to figure out why the
> configure checks fail.  I'd appreciate any help.

I'm no programmer, so I'm of very limited help.  However, I do seem to
recall that last time I looked into this the problem is more with Apple
than with the configure checks.  They had multiple copies of stdint.h, and
when XCode5 came out, one of them was corrupt.  The configure script
detects the bad one unless one sets $gl_cv_absolute_stdint_h as above.  I
have found through testing that such a setting is backwards compatible to
pre-XCode5; I got it to work all the way back to OSX 10.4.11 with XCode
2.5.  But such a hard-coding might be susceptible to future breakage,
because Apple loves to shift development headers around when new major
versions of XCode get released.  (Note that I have no problems with XCode
6.0.1 so far wrt gnupg2.0.26.)  To avoid hard-coding, there will have to be
some wizardry to detect OSX version and XCode version.  And unfortunately
I'm unable to help.

Cheers,
Charles