Why 2.1 is delayed for so long

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Sat Sep 27 15:01:53 CEST 2014

On Wed, 24 Sep 2014 05:29, dshaw at jabberwocky.com said:

> thought, perhaps not "--expert".  That is, make up some new option to
> show the full key generation list.  (or even a different command:
> "--gen-key" vs "--gen-key-full" perhaps?)  The reason why I'm

I implemented this:

  $ g10/gpg2 -v --gen-key
  gpg (GnuPG) 2.1.0-beta849; Copyright (C) 2014 Free Software Foundation, Inc.

  Note: Use "gpg --full-gen-key" for a full featured key generation dialog.

  GnuPG needs to construct a user ID to identify your key.

  Real name: Kit Fielding
  Email address: kit at dickfrancis.null
  You selected this USER-ID:
      "Kit Fielding <kit at dickfrancis.null>"

  Change (N)ame, (E)mail, or (O)kay/(Q)uit? o
  We need to generate a lot of random bytes. It is a good idea to perform
  [...]
  pub   rsa2048/7BD0D1C1 2014-09-27
        Key fingerprint = 56B6 8B1E 36C5 AD87 148F  BDCD 4C4D 9B18 7BD0 D1C1
  uid       [ unknown] Kit Fielding <kit at dickfrancis.null>
  sub   rsa2048/39BAD417 2014-09-27

--gen-full-key is indetical to the old one.  Using --gen-key with
--batch is also not affected.

Shalom-Salam,