--secret-keyring alternative for gpg 2.1

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Fri Jan 2 14:05:10 CET 2015

On Mon, 29 Dec 2014 14:36, guilhem at fripost.org said:

> AFAICT the only fix is to symlink ~/.caff/gnupghome/private-keys-v1.d
> to ${GNUPGHOME:-~/.gnupg}/private-keys-v1.d .  It'd be better if
> --secret-keyring (or a new option) could be used to specify the
> directory in which secret keys are stored, e.g.,

That can't be done for gpg because gpg does not know anything about the
secret keys.  It would be possible to make private-keys-v1.d
configurable in gpg-agent.conf but I doubt that it is worth the trouble.
The symlink approach works quite well and options to distribute the
secret keys over several directories adds more trouble than it would
solve.

BTW, what about changing caff to make use of the new system?  If there
is a need for an export option to include only one subkey and a
signature it should be easy to get that into 2.1.

Salam-Shalom,