Issuer Fingerprint (was: Vanity Keys)

Tue Jan 13 16:18:48 CET 2015

Am Di 13.01.2015, 12:33:25 schrieb Werner Koch:

> A new key and signature packet version will take years to develop and
> deploy.

> Should be pursue this task or take a
> quick solution by using notation data?

I suggest doing it right now because this work would not have to be done
for the next OpenPGP standard version any more. A notation-based
solution would not be part of the next standard.

> The size of a signature will increase by 22 or even more

Who cares? Obviously not the average user who turns to 4096 bit keys
now... In case there are applications which need to avoid this a
configuration option might be introduced which avoids the additional
subpacket.

Hauke
--
Crypto für alle: http://www.openpgp-schulungen.de/fuer/unterstuetzer/