--passphrase and command line

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Thu Jan 15 15:31:13 CET 2015

On Thu, 15 Jan 2015 13:33, hymie at lactose.homelinux.net said:

> My preferred vi clone ("vile") has macros to encrypt, decrypt, and
> clearsign buffers.   Part of this macro is to ask the user to type in
> the key passpharse, which is then passed to the gpg2 command.

Do you have any problem to use the ncurses based Pinentry?  If you do
not have the DISPLAY envvar set, the standard pinentries fallback to the
curses mode.  The only thing you may need to do is to redraw the screen
in some cases.  That can be easily done with C-L or by adding an
appropriate command to the macro.   In case you are using screen(1)
there are also ways to lock the Pinentry to one screen.

Salam-Shalom,