Encrypting / Signing the mail subject?

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Mon Jan 19 12:04:59 CET 2015

On Fri, 16 Jan 2015 21:29, dkg at fifthhorseman.net said:

> [2] text/rfc822-headers:   https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6522#section-4

I was not aware of this.  It is clearly better than my old proposal of
wrapping the entire message into a message/rfc822 container:

 - Less overhead.
 - Likely to be more compatible with more mailers.
 - Does exactly what we want to do.
 - Still allows to use a code-phrase subjects so that
   decrypting only for the thread view is not required.

I do not think there is much need to standardize what headers need to go
there.  MUA authors should decide or make if configurable.  A de-facto
standard will soon show up anyway.

Shalom-Salam,