gpgme does not find engine on windows

Jeroen Ooms jeroen.ooms at stat.ucla.edu
Fri Jul 17 00:16:00 CEST 2015

On Wed, Jul 15, 2015 at 10:22 PM, Jeroen Ooms <jeroen.ooms at stat.ucla.edu> wrote:
> I tried several executables in gpgme/tests such as 'run-keylist.exe'
> and each fails with the same error: <GPGME> Invalid crypto engine.

I am still stuck on this. Is my understanding correct that there is
currently no support for linking gpgme directly to libgcrypt without
the need for finding and calling gpg executables at runtime? All I
really need is some bindings to verify pgp signatures, but it is
surprisingly difficult to implement this using only libgcrypt.